Saturday, November 14, 2009

Thank You All!

My heart is so full I don't know where to begin. Thank you all for the thoughts, prayers, cards, flowers, gifts, and visits. Truly, I was carried into the operating room with my Savior by my side. I was calm the entire day going in, knowing it was only my Faith that would keep me going.

However, in many ways the surgery is the easy part. Now it's the daily recovery I face as I wake each day and must find ways to manage my pain (if there) and keep from becoming too bored (yes, I get tired of sitting still for too long). I've read some great books and I'm catching up on many television shows I haven't seen for awhile.

Even though I faced this once before, this is a new experience. I must continually ask myself, what is it I should learn from this? I look forward to reflecting on many of the experiences past and present.

For now, I'm just grateful for good family and friends who love and support me. I'm happy to have visitors anytime as I continue on this road to recovery.

2 comments:

  1. Holly it is so good to hear from you. I agree with you that often times it is the recovery from surgery that is the hard part.Hope you find new ways to amuze yourself and stay out of trouble. I am still trying to figure out a time to come see you! Love ha Holly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I skipped out on you on Saturday. I woke up not feeling too great and well I knew that I just couldn't come over and share those germs with you. I'm feeling better and I think it was just a 24 hour deal. I will come and visit, maybe next Friday afternoon or Saturday. Glad you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete